Bread is pretty hard to come by on the keto diet, but not when you get a little creative. This nut-based bread recipe yields a fluffy, thick loaf that’s perfect for sandwiches or enjoyed with a thick pat of butter. Don’t omit the cooling time or the loaf will fall.
Coconut Almond Flour Bread
10 tablespoons butter, melted, plus
1 tablespoon for the loaf pan
1 tablespoon honey
1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
¾ cup almond flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup coconut flour
choice of nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, honey, and cider vinegar. Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs.
- To the eggs, add the almond flour, butter mixture, baking soda, and salt. Mix thoroughly with a hand mixer.
- Slowly sift the coconut flour into the bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Grease the inside of an 8 in x 4 in loaf pan with 1 tablespoon of butter by rubbing it along the walls and into each corner.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf pan (Optional
- drizzle choice of nuts on top). Place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the center is set.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes. Run a knife along the inside edges of the pan to loosen the loaf, and tip the pan upside down to remove it. Place the bread on a cooling rack to cool completely, about 5 minutes more.
- Slice the bread into 12 slices, and refrigerate covered in plastic wrap.
Nutrition Facts (per serving of 1 slice)
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber