Treat yourself to a tapas classic with these goat cheese stuffed peppers, roasted to perfection. The rich, creamy flavor of the goat cheese cuts through the light spice of the pepper and is complemented by the fresh basil. If you are unable to find fresh basil, make this recipe when you have it, as dried basil does not produce the same flavors when used as a substitute.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Roasted Peppers
3/4 cup goat cheese at room temperature
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
12 sweet cherry peppers, stemmed and seeded
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the goat cheese, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper.
- With a spoon, fill the peppers with the goat cheese mixture.
- Place the peppers on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle the peppers with the olive oil. Put the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the peppers are browned and the cheese is bubbling.
Nutrition Facts (per serving of 3:1)
- Calories 253
- Total Fat 18.6G
- Protein 13G
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1G
- Dietary Fiber 2G