You won’t miss mashed potatoes with this make-ahead keto creamy cauliflower mash. Cauliflower is the perfect creamy base with a little bit a ghee and salt for flavor. Plus, it’s a make-ahead recipe, make a big batch on the weekend and you’ll have an easy side on hand for the weeks to come.
If you are new to the Keto diet, cauliflower might not be the first thing you think of for a mash. However, it is a very popular low-carb option to replace non-keto-friendly starches like rice and potatoes. It can even be used as a pizza crust!
Cauliflower doesn’t only replace starch, it is also packed with nutrients such as vitamin B, vitamin E, vitamin K, potassium and calcium .
Tips for Perfect Cauliflower Every Time
- When selecting a cauliflower, look for one that is uniform creamy white with no gaps or holes and no blemishes. The top and sides should be firm. Any soft spots indicate that it has begun to spoil.
- The easiest way to cut cauliflower is to cut it in half with a chef’s knife and then in half again. Once you have your cauliflower cut into quarters, it is easy to cut it into florets `by removing the central stem. If your florets are still too large, you can cut them in half or even in thirds.
- Always wash your cauliflower after cutting and right before use. If you try to wash it before cutting, the water won’t be able to get into all the nooks and crannies and if you wash it too far in advance, your cauliflower can go bad.
- Raw cauliflower can last up to two weeks in the fridge but only if you keep it dry! Keep it tightly wrapped in your crisper drawer to maximize the shelf life.
Keto Creamy Cauliflower Mas
1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons (30 ml) ghee
Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- Steam the cauliflower florets for 20 minutes until tender.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Place into silicone muffin pans and freezer to enjoy later.
- Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 64
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.